Let us consider all the merits and demerits of professional IT outsourcing. Note that before deciding to delegate the main IT functions to a separate team, a leader must estimate pluses and minuses from all sides. According to the Helpware company’s info, the majority of managers treat outsourcing positively and think that its main disadvantages are far-fetched or insignificant.
Minuses of Outsourcing That Seem Frightening
Giving away the IT-sphere to an Outsourcing Team seems to be the total loss of control. According to the statistics of the Helpware solutions, top managers of their firms are not interested or cannot fully control the IT department. As a rule, it is a pretty closed company of creators that gives away solutions. It does not require much quality control, as the final product can be tested and polished with ease.
Helpware gives the decent second place to the fear of confidentiality loss. Indeed, IT outsourcing deals with lots of intellectual property. The number of competitors willing to steal it is significant. However, this apprehension is destroyed by the legal and financial responsibility of the outsourcer. It does not matter what you choose to outsource, the Customer Support or the Taskware pool. Experienced companies like Helpware will sign lots of agreements to make you feel safe. Do not forget that reputation plays a top role for every outsourcing agency.
The third fear concerns dependency from an outsourcing company. We mean that you are left with a product your team does not know at the end of the collaboration. Such companies as Helpware work with your tasks, collaborate with your IT team, teach, and involve them in the process. The main task is not making your job done but creating something like a Microtasking Platform for your team to use in the future.
Advantages of Outsourcing in the IT Sphere
It is up to you to choose what you are looking for from outsourcing. Here, we will provide you with some general reasons to make a try:
- Stats show that outsourcing decreases IT expenses significantly. In crude terms, you do not need to rent an office and pay a salary to a significant number of people.
- A manager gets a transparent scheme of IT expenses.
- Professionals know what to do exactly for you. The resources of your company do not get scattered.
- Experts record the overall increase of Back Office Support. Thinking about the quality of the personnel is not your problem anymore.
- Finally, we have already mentioned strict financial and legal responsibility in case you choose an excellent outsourcer.
Again, the final decision is yours. However, with such companies as Helpware, IT outsourcing has become a handy and affordable option.